Blog

Adammer releases Greytness 2.2

April 29th, 2010

Greytness v2.2 Logo

Support for DNN Ribbon Bar Control Panel

In this latest version of Greytness, we’ve added support for the new DNN Ribbon Bar Control Panel included in DNN 5.4.1.

HOW TO ENABLE THE NEW RIBBON BAR CONTROL PANEL
If you upgraded from a previous version of DNN, the new Ribbon Bar Control Panel is not enabled by default.

• Host > Host Settings > Other Settings
  • Change the Control Panel drop down box to “RIBBONBAR”
Change log
  • Added Support for the new Ribbon Bar Control Panel
  • Minor Bug Fixes

btn_downoad
Download at the Greytness Demo site

Creative Commons

Creative Commons License
Greytness by Adammer LLC is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 United States License.
Permissions beyond the scope of this license is available at http://www.adammer.com/legal/eula/.

1. July 29th, 2010 at 06:50 | #1

This skin is absolutely beautiful! The dark backgrounds are contrasted by the light font colors.

I just have a tiny bug, not sure if it is something I did or not, but in the box_h5_grey2 container (I think this is where the problem is…)the drop down lists and other input boxes (I have only used the admin/host pages so far) have a very light blue font color on white background, so it is not very visible. If anyone could suggest where I could look to change it to something darker, I would greatly appreciate it!

Thanks!

Doris

2. July 29th, 2010 at 06:59 | #2

ps: It looks like the font is the same “skyblue” I used in the style of the asp code in my iframe on the home page…it probably IS something I did, but is not overridden in the stylesheets? or maybe I need to use an HTML module instead of iframe? I appreciate any comments/suggestions…

Thanks again!

Doris

• July 29th, 2010 at 07:26 | #3

Hi @Doris,

Unfortunately, there isn’t an elegant way to apply a “local” css style to external content of an iFrame. You can see if any of these solutions work for you: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/217776/how-to-apply-css-to-iframe

Might be worth noting that the same origin policy will stop this working if the page is on a different domain

Unless you have a compelling reason, I’d avoiding using iFrames for HTML content.

3. July 29th, 2010 at 07:53 | #4

My Iframe is fine. It’s the dnn pages that the input box is a very light color font on white background. Is there any way I can change the font to a darker color? Do you think the css in the asp page is affecting the whole domain? Do you think the css in my asp page won’t affect the rest of dnn pages if it is hosted at a different domain? I will move the asp pages to another domain and see what happens….and let you know.

Thanks!

Doris

4. July 29th, 2010 at 07:59 | #5

Ok! Well that seems to have solved the problem! Thanks so much!!!!!!

Doris

5. September 8th, 2010 at 20:45 | #6

Hi Adam,
    Just a quick note to say what a fabulous skin you have created. For me it is one of the truly great DNN skins . . . fast, customizable and cleanly coded. The best ever!
    Peter Smith

6. October 19th, 2010 at 09:48 | #7

thanks for illustrating how To Enable the new ribbon bar control panel i have difficulty doing that and the new skins are fabulous awesome article keep it up

7. April 7th, 2011 at 04:00 | #8

Hello.

I try to move the Register/Login to the top (in the search line, since i removed the search).

But i miss something, since when logged in the Register/Login doesn’t change. Apparently i skip some step.

Any ideas ? tks

• April 7th, 2011 at 08:52 | #9

@Costas Zividis,

Hmmm, nothing comes to mind why the location of these elements would change their behavior. I just tested by commenting out the dnn:SEARCH element and moving (cut and paste) the dnn:USER and dnn:LOGIN elements into the class=Search DIV. Seems to work just fine.

Make sure you don’t have any dnn: elements with the same id. Try testing with the default DNN skin. Do you get the same behavior or does it work as expected?

Let me know what you find.

8. April 10th, 2011 at 10:42 | #10

@ Adam Humphrey

Well, your suggestion to have only ONE element … worked ….

Thanks

Costas

Subscribe to comments feed Secure this form